My photo
Southern California, California, United States
Creative Director of ‘The Pebbling Process’, Poet, Writer, Speaker & Consultant So many wonderful stories lay undisturbed, waiting, in the pebbles along the paths our lives have taken ...

come sit a bit

come sit a bit and read this ink
and in this cloud please write
from your living eyes and pen
what you find here ignites

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the hawk's gift


the hawks
here glide
on the wind,
wings outstretched,
spread wide,
belly bared,
sharing their talent,
their brilliance,
their gift

I grab my camera
they are gone,
dropped down
below the hill
to my left,
essence of the hawk's brilliance is left ...
I wait for them
to mount again
upon the breeze,
but they are gone

they do not consent
to their capture,
even if only in digital form,
in this metal box a camera,
they have been warned,
a voice an intuition,
speaks to them,
all that is left is the wind
and it laughs at me

you foolish girl
still foolish
after all these years,
it laughs at me,
chides me,
warns me
to accept gifts that are
but for a moment,
not forever

gifts cannot be grasped
and held,
they are freely given
must be freely received
accept with thanks the gift
let the gift do it’s work
the hawks are sharing
say thank you …
thank you

my cameral lays still 
on the table
and they come again
I reach for it
they dip quickly
hiding from this trap
my hands pull back
they stay this time
my heart breathes thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons Licence
Pebbling by Jane Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.